Sie sind hier: Startseite Studium Economics (Master) Information for Incoming Students Enrollment at the University´s Studierendensekretariat

Enrollment at the university's Studierendensekretariat

Prior to the beginning of classes, you need to enroll with the University of Bonn.

Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the Studierendensekretariat, the "Office of the Registrar", requires students to make inquiries exclusively via email, phone or post. Also, enrollment is now done via postal mail (for detailed information see Student Registry – Information on the coronavirus).


  • September 30 (Bachelor degree from Uni Bonn)
  • October 31 (Bachelor degree from other German universities and international degrees)

To enroll you need to bring all the following documents and information:

  1. your e-mail address;
  2. the filled-out and signed enrollment form called Antrag auf Einschreibung. We will generate it for you through our database. You can also find the German or English form under the section Einschreibung on this webpage (make sure that it is the form for the winter semester 2020/21);
  3. a copy of the letter of admission;
  4. a copy of your identification document (ID or passport);
  5. a certified copy of your university entrance certificate, i.e. your high school school-leaving certificate (for students who did not graduate from a German university);
  6. a copy of your Bachelor degree certificate;
  7. a copy of your Bachelor transcript of records;
  8. certified translations of your degree certificate(s) and transcript(s) of records, if these are not in either German or English;
  9. your health insurance certificate or a confirmation of exemption from the need to have German health insurance
  10. an Exmatrikulationsnachweis (if you have done your Bachelor at a German university)


A German language certificate is not required. You also don't need to send proof of English proficiency at B2 level CEFR. However, be aware that you will need to bring it to the registration at the Economics Examination Office (see below).

Please note: Once the Studierendensekretariat has received your documents and enrolled you, they will send you will an e-mail requesting payment of the social contribution fee. Please transfer the money as quickly as possible as you will get your student documentation including your student ID (which is valid as as ticket in Bonn and NRW) and Uni ID (which you will need for access to online classes and materials) only after the payment has been received.

Do NOT forget to include your email address. Do NOT send the originals of the required documents. Send certified copies of the documents when required. The Studierendensekretariat needs to receive the documents within the enrollment period: Send them in time!


 Foto: Uni Bonn