You are here: Home Study Programs Economics (Master) Information for Incoming Students Enrollment at the University´s Studierendensekretariat

Enrollment at the University of Bonn

Prior to the beginning of classes, you need to send your documents to the Studierendensekretariat (Office of the Registrar's) to enroll with the University of Bonn.

Prior to the beginning of classes, you need to enroll at the University of Bonn.

Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the Studierendensekretariat, the "Office of the Registrar", requires students to make inquiries exclusively via email, phone or post. Also, enrollment is now done via postal mail (for detailed information see Student Registry – Information on the coronavirus).

Enrollment period for both German an international students:

  • September 1 - October 15

Information on the documents you need to provide for enrollment is here (under the heading "documents required" and further down on the same page under "We will also require documents in the case of...Master's students."

We will generate the enrollment form (Antrag auf Einschreibung) through our database and you will be able to download it from your application account. If need be, you can also find it on the page above (please make sure that it is the form for the winter semester 2021/22);

Please be sure to provide an address in Germany to which your student documents can be sent. This will be the quickest way to have access to your Uni ID and preliminary password which you will need to be able to participate in online lectures.

A German language certificate is not required. You also don't need to send proof of English proficiency at B2 level CEFR. However, be aware that you will need to bring it to the registration at the Economics Examination Office (see below).

Please note: Once the Studierendensekretariat has received your documents and enrolled you, they will send you will an e-mail requesting payment of the social contribution fee. Please transfer the money as quickly as possible as you will get your student documentation including your student ID (which is valid as as ticket in Bonn and NRW) and Uni ID (which you will need for access to online classes and materials) only after the payment has been received.

Do NOT forget to include your email address. Do NOT send the originals of the required documents. Send certified copies of the documents when required. The Studierendensekretariat needs to receive the documents within the enrollment period: Send them in time!


 Photo: Uni Bonn

Document Actions